Respiratory Health Association
Respiratory Health Association is an independent not-for-profit lung health organization that has been serving Chicagoland since 1906. Our mission is to promote healthy lungs and fight lung disease through research, advocacy and education. Through community-based interventions, Respiratory Health Association serves local residents living with asthma, lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other lung diseases.
Our community lung health programs include:
- We provide asthma education programs to teach children, parents, caretakers and teachers to understand and manage their asthma, with the goal of reducing asthma emergencies. Each year, we educate more than 1,000 children living with asthma and more than 2,100 adult caregivers.
- We provide tobacco cessation support through Courage to Quit®, a comprehensive group or individual tobacco treatment program for adults. Program leaders provide information, practice skills, and support to help people reach their smoke-free goals.
- We convene the Illinois COPD Coalition, a group of more than 100 health leaders and stakeholders. Together, we created The State Plan for Addressing COPD, a comprehensive plan to reduce the incidence of COPD and COPD-related mortality, as well as to improve the quality of life for people living with COPD.
- We support local research on lung cancer and other lung diseases to improve understanding of the causes of lung disease and to improve early detection and treatment.
- We promote policies that protect the air we breathe and improves the lives of people affected by lung disease. We advocate for increased tobacco prevention activities, cleaner vehicles and power sources, critical medical research and improved access to quality care.
Proceeds from Chill help support:
- Programs like Fight Asthma Now© and Asthma Management, which teach children and their caregivers how to manage asthma in a comprehensive way
- Local research projects on lung cancer, asthma and other lung diseases at institutions such as Northwestern University, University of Chicago, and University of Illinois at Chicago
- Our COPD Initiative which reaches thousands of Illinois residents annually living with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Respiratory Health Association Co-Chairs
Joel and Julie Africk
Paul and Joan Rubschlager
Gerry Gedroic Lichterman
Sidley Austin LLP
Grant Thornton LLP
D. Kyle Hogarth and Krista Hogarth
Ravi Kalhan and Susan Tsai
Joanne Nemerovski, JoanneSellsChicago
Drs. Bapu and Vijaya Arekapudi
Bryce Downey & Lenkov LLC
Michael B. Foggs, M.D. and Adrienne Burford-Foggs, M.D.
Dan Hefter and Heidi Malm
Daniel A. and Julie L. Lavin
Susan and Tom Pluss
John Ruskusky, Nixon Peabody LLP
Craige Stout with Stout
William and Mary Kay Van de Graaff
Mike and Lisa Africk, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
Allstate Insurance Company
AmTrust Nonprofit Insurance
Faith Bugel and David Rickard
Chris and Lindsay Byrne
Dana Friedman-Graham and Doug Graham
Cindy Gronkiewicz and Dr. Mark Tomera
Diana Hackbarth and David Price
Tom and Eileen Hensing
Adrienne Hiegel and Deborah Nelson
H. Ari and Gitie S. Jaffe
Andy and Karen Jacobs
Kelsey and Adam Kamp
Dr. Jerry A Krishnan and the Breathe Chicago Center©
Tarneka M. Manning
Dr. and Mrs. Anthony Marinelli
McGrath Lexus of Chicago & Daniel Hunt
Denis and Martha Pierce
Jason and Susie Pyrz
Katie and Paul Ramey
Erica Salem and Patrick Lenihan
Gina M. Schwieger
Donna and Norm Serlin
Kathleen Hart Solovy
Jan Starr and Billy Siegel
Suburban Lung Associates
Steve and Stephanie Victor
David and Andrea Yelin