Respiratory Health Association
Respiratory Health Association is an independent not-for-profit lung health organization that has been serving Chicagoland since 1906. Our mission is to promote healthy lungs and fight lung disease through research, advocacy and education. Through community-based interventions, Respiratory Health Association serves local residents living with asthma, lung cancer, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), and other lung diseases.
Our community lung health programs include:
- We provide asthma education programs to teach children, parents, caretakers and teachers to understand and manage their asthma, with the goal of reducing asthma emergencies. Each year, we educate more than 1,000 children living with asthma and more than 2,100 adult caregivers.
- We provide tobacco cessation support through Courage to Quit®, a comprehensive group or individual tobacco treatment program for adults. Program leaders provide information, practice skills, and support to help people reach their smoke-free goals.
- We convene the Illinois COPD Coalition, a group of more than 100 health leaders and stakeholders. Together, we created The State Plan for Addressing COPD, a comprehensive plan to reduce the incidence of COPD and COPD-related mortality, as well as to improve the quality of life for people living with COPD.
- We support local research on lung cancer and other lung diseases to improve understanding of the causes of lung disease and to improve early detection and treatment.
- We promote policies that protect the air we breathe and improves the lives of people affected by lung disease. We advocate for increased tobacco prevention activities, cleaner vehicles and power sources, critical medical research and improved access to quality care.
Proceeds from Chill help support:
- Programs like Fight Asthma Now© and Asthma Management, which teach children and their caregivers how to manage asthma in a comprehensive way
- Local research projects on lung cancer, asthma and other lung diseases at institutions such as Northwestern University, University of Chicago, and University of Illinois at Chicago
- Our COPD Initiative which reaches thousands of Illinois residents annually living with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
Respiratory Health Association Co-Chairs
Joel and Julie Africk
Paul and Joan Rubschlager
Barnes & Thornburg LLP
Gerry Gedroic Lichterman
Kathleen Hart Solovy
Joanne Nemerovski, JoanneSellsChicago
Drs. Bapu and Vijaya Arekapudi
Geoff Bryce – Bryce Downey & Lenkov LLC
Timothy F. Cummins, Stout Risius Ross
D. Kyle Hogarth and Krista Hogarth
Ravi Kalhan and Susan Tsai
Daniel & Julie Lavin
Dr. & Mrs. Anthony Marinelli
Susan and Tom Pluss
Sidley Austin LLP
Mike and Lisa Africk, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
Arthur J. Gallagher Human Resources & Compensation Consulting Practice
Boston Scientific Pulmonary
Faith Bugel and David Rickard
Charles Darwall and Tora Stoneman
Malcolm and PJ DeCamp
Michael B. Foggs, M.D. and Adrienne Burford-Foggs, M.D.
Jen and Mark Gershon, Polsinelli PC
Drew and Erin Gibbons
Doug and Dana Graham
Cindy Gronkiewicz and Mark Tomera, M.D.
Diana Hackbarth and David Price
Daniel S. Hefter — Hefter Law, Ltd.
Tom and Eileen Hensing
Andy and Karen Jacobs
H. Ari and Gitie S. Jaffe
Stephanie S. Johnson
Kelsey & Adam Kamp
Dr. Jerry A Krishnan and the Breathe Chicago Center©
Barry Levenstam and Betsy Landes Nolan Libunao
Ronald L. Marmer
Kate and PJ McMahon
Brad and Laurie Murlick Rachel Nemerovski
Eric Olson and Laura Bermudez Pfizer, Inc.
Chad Ruback & Beth Ritter Ruback
John Ruskusky, Nixon Peabody LLP
Trace and Christen Schmeltz
Jan Starr and Billy Siegel
Suburban Lung Associates
William and Mary Kay Van de Graaff
David and Andrea Yelin
Diane and George Zelcs, Korein Tillery LLC