Health & Safety
COVID Screening Requirements
As part of our commitment to health and safety for A Taste of CHILL 2021, all A Taste of CHILL participants (attendees, showrooms, exhibitors and staff) must provide proof of vaccination or negative COVID-19 test within 72 hours of the event in order to receive a verified badge holder and access the event.
- We will be using Health Pass by CLEAR, which provides a secure, digital proof of COVID-related health insights via the free CLEAR mobile app. Complete your health screening with Health Pass by CLEAR ahead of time for expedited check-in and entry! Download and Enroll Here.
- For the most efficient entry possible, every A Taste of CHILL attendee should enroll with CLEAR before the event to complete their COVID-19 pre-screening. All attendees MUST to complete this process 24-hours prior to your arrival to ensure access to the show.
- Additional details are listed under the Health Pass by CLEAR section below.
- Once you arrive on the first floor of theMART, present your ticket barcode as well as the the “green screen” on your Health Pass by CLEAR app.
- Should you not be able to register through Health Pass by Clear in advance of the event, onsite verification will be possible. Registering through Health Pass by Clear in advance of the event will just allow for more efficient registration on site.
- A Taste of CHILL participants unable to complete pre-screening will be able to provide either proof of COVID vaccination or valid negative COVID test (within 72 hours) when they present their ticket barcode (E-ticket). If providing proof of vaccination or a negative COVID test onsite, please note that this data will not be shared with anyone including the event organizer.
Proof of COVID Vaccination
Vaccinated individuals should present a photo ID along with their vaccination card to ticket staff. To be considered fully vaccinated for A Taste of CHILL, your 2ndshot (or single shot if receiving the J&J vaccine) will need to have been administered no later than October 28, 2021. Acceptable forms of your vaccination card are:
- Your original card
- A digital copy of your card
- Scanned copy of the original card
Valid Negative COVID Tests
Those with test credentials should present a photo ID along with proof of a negative test result to ticket staff. Valid negative COVID tests must have been taken within 72 hours of arriving to A Taste of CHILL Event. Acceptable forms of proof of a negative COVID test are:
- A printed copy stating your test result is negative
- A digital copy stating your test result is negative
There are two types of COVID tests, both are acceptable.
–Antigen test (frequently referred to as a rapid test) – This test detects protein fragments specific to the Coronavirus. It can be done in a clinic, doctor’s office, or hospital. Turnaround time for results is usually very quick and in some cases, results can be reported within 15 minutes.
–PCR test – PCR testing is considered the “gold standard” in SARS-CoV-2 detection. This test actually detects RNA (or genetic material) that is specific to the virus and can detect the virus within days of infection, even those who have no symptoms. The test can be done in a clinic, hospital, or even in your car. Turnaround time is longer, generally in the 2-3 day range but results can be in as little as 24 hours. When demand is high, results can take a week or longer.
- To learn more about Health & Safety precautions theMART has offered, please click here.
- Attendee expressly assumes the risk of attendance and releases MMPI and any affiliated entities from any and all risk, liability, claim, or demand or whatever nature, actions and causes of action, damages, costs, losses, attorneys’ fees, injuries of any kind, and compensation for damage, injury, illness (including any virus or communicable disease) or loss to person or property resulting from Attendees presence or attendance at the Event.
- Per the City of Chicago, face masks covering the mouth and nose are REQUIRED for all individuals, regardless of their vaccination status, while indoors, unless actively eating or drinking.
HEALTH PASS BY CLEAR
We will be using Health Pass by CLEAR, which provides a secure, digital proof of COVID-related health insights via the free CLEAR mobile app. Provide your proof of COVID vaccination via Health Pass by CLEAR ahead of time for expedited check-in and entry! Download and enroll here.
Once you arrive at registration to pick up your CHILL badge, present the “green screen” on your Health Pass by CLEAR app.
Get ready for the event by downloading CLEAR for free and completing the one-time enrollment process to verify your entry requirements. You’ll be able to use Health Pass to confirm entry requirements before arrival to enter the venue more quickly.
Step 1: Download and enroll in CLEAR before the event to set up your pre-screening
- Download the CLEAR app and tap on the white Health Pass tile
- Select “Events” and scroll down to find CHILL
- Can’t find us? Tap “Have a Code” and enter code CHILL
- Select the screening type you will use for event entry – either “Verify Vaccination” or “Verify COVID-19 test”
- Tap “Enroll or verify you are in CLEAR” to confirm your CLEAR member account
- New to CLEAR? When prompted, enter your email address, phone number, and have your gov’t issued photo ID ready to complete enrollment. For ease of use, we recommend that you sign up for CLEAR with the same email you used to register for Step 1: Download and enroll in CLEAR before the event to set up your pre-screening.
- Already a CLEAR member? Use the email address associated with your membership and snap a quick selfie to verify your identity
- Complete the checklist of Entry Requirements in order to finish your pre-screening
Confirm the Know This Before You Go
Tap “Add Covid-19 Vaccination” or “Get tested 72 hours in advance” and follow prompts to securely confirm verification
Step 2: Upon arriving at CHILL present your Health Pass open and ready in order to receive a verified badge holder at registration.
- Open the CLEAR app and tap on the white Your Pass tile
- Confirm your identity with a quick selfie
- Tap “Open Health Pass” to get your result. Green means you’re good to go!
Click here for Health Pass User FAQs
Need help? Call 855-CLEAR-ME or tap “Get in Touch” in the app for assistance
Disclaimer: CLEAR will not share your specific data about your vaccination or test results with the event organization.
Health & Safety
ILLINOIS AND CHICAGO HAVE ENTERED PHASE 5 – FULL REOPENING
As of June 11, 2021, all sectors of the economy in Chicago have reopened with businesses, schools, and recreation resuming normal operations with new safety guidance and procedures. Conventions, festivals, and large events now take place without capacity rules. A Taste of CHILL will have measures and protocols in place to address any city, state, or CDC requirements and guidelines in effect in November and also to provide attendees with a high level of comfort attending A Taste of CHILL 2021.
COVID-19/ MASK UPDATE
In common areas, face masks are mandatory regardless of vaccination status. Please comply with any tenant specific requirements.
theMART has received GBAC Star accreditation. GBAC STAR is the gold standard of prepared facilities and the cleaning industry’s only outbreak prevention, response, and recovery accreditation.
An extension of current building practices at theMART and event measures include:
OPTIMIZED AIR FILTRATION AND CIRCULATION
- theMART has implemented the latest guidance from ASHRAE and has worked with Infectious Disease Specialists and Mechanical Engineers to execute recommendations for indoor air quality and air filtration.
- There has been an increase in the amount of fresh air that is being circulated in the building. The entire building is also being flushed with 100% outside air two hours before and after business hours each day.
- The building’s air handlers have a MERV-15 filter rating that is hospital-grade and higher than the majority of commercial buildings.
ENHANCED CLEANING PROTOCOLS
- theMART is employing aggressive cleaning protocols for all common areas of the building using approved products and protocol from public health agencies.
- Cleaning staff has been trained on the safe and healthy use of cleaning chemicals used in accordance iwth OSHA’s Hazard Communication standards.
- There is frequent disinfection and cleaning of high touch surfaces, and electro-static spraying of elevators and other public spaces.
Hand sanitizer stations will be located throughout the lobby and showroom/exhibit floors.
Please also be sure to review event rules.